October 15, 2020
To our customers
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) plans to release free firmware update for the “FUJIFILM X-T3” (X-T3) on October 28, 2020.
The update will improve the autofocusing performance of the X-T3 to the same level as the “FUJIFILM X-T4” (X-T4). This firmware will boost the AF speed, the camera’s AF tracking performance and the Face / Eye AF. In addition, the size of the AF area can now be adjusted during video recording. The update will bring new life to the X-T3, adding greater speed to make a great camera even better.
Main updated features:
Due to be released on October 28, 2020Firmware version: FUJIFILM X-T3（Ver. 4.0）
1. Faster autofocus performance
The fastest AF speed has been improved from 0.06 seconds to 0.02 seconds, equivalent to the performance of the X-T4. The algorithm for predicting subject movements has also been updated which means the expected ‘hit rate’ is now 90% or more , making it even more likely that users will capture that precious moving photo moment.
- AF tracking performance has been doubled*. Press the shutter button halfway down when a subject is in the focus area to maintain focus on the subject with a higher level of accuracy.
- The Face Tracking / Eye AF performance has also been upgraded. The algorithm has been re-written to double* the tracking performance of the Eye AF in continuous shooting modes. The camera can attain focus on a face or eyes quicker and more accurately even when shooting portraits that involve some movement.
- The update also allows the camera AF to work in low light levels down to -7EV**, facilitating fast and highly-accurate phase detection AF even in near darkness.
- The new firmware adds the “Focus Limiter” function which gives a pre-define specific focus range.
*When compared with the Firmware Ver. 3.30
**When using the FUJINON Lens XF50mmF1.0 R WR
- The size of the Single AF point can be adjusted during video recording.
- Photo ratings can now be read by third-party software, allowing users to find their favorite pictures quickly.
- Ratings to images recorded in the [Jpeg + RAW] mode are applied to both Jpeg and RAW files.
For inquiries on information in this media release, contact:
Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, contact us