X-S20 Firmware update
Last Updated: 22.01.2024
Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the “Control” key and “F5” key.
- In case of Mac (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the “Command” key and “R” key.
- In case of Mac (FireFox), hold down the “Command”, “Shift” and “R” keys at same time.
The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is latest.
- Refer to “2) Firmware version checking procedure” in the “Detail of firmware update steps” below to check the firmware version.
Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
- If you don‘t use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance. Check the latest firmware version from the link below.
Firmware update via the smartphone or a tablet.
- The firmware of a camera paired with a smartphone can be updated via the smartphone and a tablet.
Settings you have changed can be saved by FUJIFILM X Acquire and so on.
- We would recommend you save the settings if you have changed them from default ones. For detail, visit the FAQ website.
Detail of the firmware update
The firmware update Ver.1.20 from Ver.1.13 incorporates the following issues:
Aperture control parameters have been optimized to improve exposure tracking function during zoom operation when using the following interchangeable lens.
[Target interchangeable lens]
・XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR：Ver.1.30 or later
Note:Make sure to update the camera firmware to the latest firmware before updating the firmware of the interchangeable lens to enable those functions above.
Other minor bugs are fixed.
The firmware update Ver.1.13 from Ver.1.12 incorporates the following issue:
AF accuracy is improved with the following focus settings and shooting conditions.
・FOCUS MODE：AF-S / AF-C
・AF MODE：SINGLE POINT
・Lens used：Wide-angle lens
・Photography subject：High-frequency subjects such as animal hair, fine leaves, or low-contrast subjects.
The firmware update Ver.1.12 from Ver.1.11 incorporates the following issue:
The firmware bug is fixed that the horizontal line of noise appears momentarily in a portion of the LCD monitor screen in rare cases.
The firmware update Ver.1.11 from Ver.1.10 incorporates the following issues:
Dynamic tracking performance enhancement by the improved AF algorithm.
(1)The motion prediction algorithm has been improved to enable stable tracking of subjects moving at high speed in the frame.
(2)The AF focusing speed has been improved when continuous shooting is started by simultaneously pressing the AF-ON button and the release button while the camera is out of focus. The AF starts to focus at a faster rate than before, even in situations where the situation changes moment by moment, such as in sports. This makes it difficult to miss a shutter release opportunity, even in situations such as sports where the situation changes from moment to moment.
The firmware bug has been fixed that “WRITE ERROR” error appears in rare cases when images are saved to the slow data transfer speed memory card installed in the camera.
The firmware bug is fixed that the EVF display is different from the exposure for the shot image when shooting an image with the zoom lens under the following conditions.
・Shooting mode: “Mode M (Manual Exposure)”
・Zooming position: “Zoom In”
The firmware bug is fixed that the brightness of the subject rarely gets dark momentarily when shooting a movie with “Mode S”.
Firmware Update Steps
- Check the firmware version.
- Prepare a formatted memory card.
- Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here*Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- Firmware updating requires approximately 5 minutes.(maximum)
- Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software (“FIRMWARE”). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. (“FUJI”) already distributed to you included with FUJI’s product(s) (“ORIGINAL FIRMWARE”). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.
*Make sure there isn’t any file with the same name in the destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, the browser may automatically alter the name of the firmware like the name and (1). A camera will not recognize the firmware correctly with an altered name like that.