Monster Glass GF100-200mmF5.6 R with Fernando Moleres
Bilbao 1963. For more than 25 years I have photographed current affairs related to human rights. Some of these stories, such as child labor exploitation or minors in jail that should be abolished or, at the very least, persecuted. Documental photography is, for me, a life-affirming attitude, a tool that lets me approach situations that captivate me, preoccupy me, and make me want to participate. Moreover, as photographer. I work and delve into subjects that transcend present time, but intrigue me for their experience and expose me to other types of lives. Being a freelancer lets me work on personal projects over a long period of time. My photo stories/archive are distributed by photography agencies—Panos and Laif.
Prizes & Grants
- -Tim Hetherington Grant 2012. World Press Photo and Human Watch Rights
- – Lucie Awards 2012, Deeper Perspective Award. Los Angeles, USA.
- – Moving Walls 2012, “Juvenile in prison. Sierra Leone”.
- – World Press Photo 2011, ” Juvenile in prison, Sierra Leone”, Daily life series.
- – POY. Picture of the Year 2011. World Understanding Award. USA
- – 8th Festival Images. Leica Prize. Vevey. Switzerland 2011.
- – Finalist W. Eugene Smith Grant. N.Y.C USA 2011.
- – Luis Valtuena International prize 2010, Spain.
- – World Press Photo 2002 , Burning Man in Art , series.
- – W. Eugene Smith Grant 1999 ( 2* prize) . New York.
- – World Press Photo 1998. ” Child labour” in Daily life series.
- – Erna and Victor Hasselblad Foundation Grant. Sweden 1996.
- – International Prize Juan Carlos King of Spain. Spain 1995.
- – Mother Jones Grant. Los Angeles, USA 1994.
- – Child Labour, Published by: Peliti (ITA), Braus (GER), Acte Sud (FRA), Lunwerg (ESP). International edition by OIT
- – Uomini Di Dio (ITA),
- – Images de la Foi ( FRA),
- – Lives of Devotion (USA &CAN) Published by Rizzoli International,
- – Hombres de Dios Published by La Esfera (ESP)
- – Moving Walls 2013. New York City and Washington
- – Festival Images . Vevey Switzerland. Sept. 2012. Juvenile in prisons, S. Leone
- – IVAM (Art Modem Museum ) May 2012. Juvenile in prisons, S. Leone
- – The Saatchi Gallery, London( feb-2012) collective, Child labour
- – The Sunday Times Magazine 50th Anniversary Photography Exhibition
- – FotoEvidence Gallery, NYC, Oct 2011. Juvenile in prisons. Sierra Leone
- – Newseum, Washington April 2011. Juvenile in prisons. Sierra Leone
- – Visa pour l’image. France. Sept. 2011, Juvenile in prisons, Sierra Leone
- – Expo Photo Month Krakow Poland. June 2008 ,Child labour
- – Fundación Telefónica- Ayto Lima. Peru. May 2008, Child labour
- – Caja Canarias, Tenerife, Febr. 2008. Exodus in Rwanda 1996
- – Side Gallery Newcastle-England Oct-Nov 2005, Child labour
- – Dunkers Kulturhus, Helsinborg Sweden January-Marz 2005, Child labour
- – Noordelicht Photofestival, Holland 2003, Child labour
- – Gallery Dupon, Paris. May-2003. Ethiopian Christians
- – Museum of Pilgrimage, S. Compostela, Spain. 2002, Ethiopian Christians
- – Photo festival de Honfleur. Francia. Mayo 2001. Child labour