X-T20 Firmware update
Last Updated: 07.24.2018
Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the “Control” key and “F5” key.
- In case of Mac (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the “Command” key and “R” key.
- In case of Mac (FireFox), hold down the “Command”, “Shift” and “R” keys at same time.
The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is latest.
- Refer to “2) Firmware version checking procedure” in the “Detail of firmware update steps” below to check the firmware version.
Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
- If you don’t use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance. Check the latest firmware version from the link below.
Detail of the firmware update
The firmware update Ver.2.01 from Ver.2.00 incorporates the following issue:
The phenomenon is fixed that when pressing the shutter button halfway under certain conditions, the live view can flicker.
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.11 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the details of 2) to 8), download the “X-T20 New Features Guide［Ver.2.00］” from our website.
New AF tracking algorithm for moving subjects
Thanks to the newly developed image recognition algorithm, the update enhances AF-C to track moving subjects twice as fast as previous firmware. In addition, the update also enhances tracking to be able to capture up to 50% smaller moving subjects than before.
Enhanced touch screen operation
The firmware update will add some of the touch screen operation features which are currently available on the FUJIFILM X-E3. These touch screen features include:
1) The Auto Focus area can be moved when in focus zoom with flick operation.
2) Pinch-in/out operation in playback mode will be updated to go from full-frame playback to multi-frame playback (Nine-frame view and Hundred-frame view)
3) Select the frame in multi-frame playback with tap or drag operation or return to full-frame playback by double-tapping
4) Q (Quick) menu selection
5) Input character with touch key-board (*1)
*1：Except for some functions. (ex. SSID input)
Support “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”
After connecting a camera to a computer via USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” enables users to convert RAW files with X Processor Pro. Fast batch processing will also be available. The “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” can be downloaded from the FUJIFILM website for free.
*”FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO Installer for Windows/Mac” can be downloaded from the URL below.
FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO Installer for Windows/Mac
Support for backup/restore of camera settings via FUJIFILM X Acquire
Once connecting a camera to a computer via USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X Acquire” allows users to backup/restore camera settings to/from a file. Copying all camera settings from one camera to another is available.
*Settings other than date and custom white balance can be backup and restored.
*”FUJIFILM X Acquire Ver.1.7 Installer for Windows/Mac” can be downloaded from the URL below.
FUJIFILM X Acquire Ver.1.7 Installer for Windows/Mac
Compatible with the newly developed FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens
The upgrade will add compatibility for the newly developed FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens.
1) When changing the focus mode (AF/MF), the focus ring function (fine zoom adjustment, manual focus) automatically switches.
* Focus ring function when focus mode is “S” or “C”：Fine Zoom adjustment.
* Focus ring function when focus mode is “M”：Manual focus.
2) Memorize the lens zoom position when power off and return to the position when power on
3) Maintain the lens zoom position in playback mode to shorten the startup time for the next shooting
When using the lens, upgrade the lens firmware to the latest version first.
FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ Firmware Update Ver.1.01
Improve radio flash controller usability
The upgrade allows users to shoot with compatible third party studio flash in high speed sync. or TTL mode via their radio controllers.
RGB histogram display and highlight warning
If you press the function button in the histogram, RGB histogram and highlight warning (high brightness portion will blink) will be displayed.
Enlarged and customizable indicators or information
The upgrade allows users to enlarge indicators and information in the viewfinder and/or LCD monitor. This upgrade will also enable users to customize the location of where the information is shown on the display. When enlarged display, some icons are not displayed like distance indicator, focus frame, focus mode, focus warning, microphone/remote release, AF+MF, button lock and sound and flash indicator.
AE optimization when face detection
The firmware update Ver.1.11 from Ver.1.10 incorporates the following issue:
Revision of a wrong display when "HIGH PERFORMANCE"
BOOST icon is removed when “HIGH PERFORMANCE” is set. It appears after upgrading to Ver.1.10.
The firmware update Ver.1.10 from Ver.1.02 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the details, download the “X-T20 New Features Guide［Ver.1.10］” from our website.
Touch panel operation when using the EVF
The firmware update will make it possible to use the touch panel while looking into the viewfinder. According to the operation method, it’s possible to set the effective range of the touch panel to the full screen, right half, left half, or OFF.
Support for "Instax SHARE SP-3"
Additionally,” Instax SHERE SP-3″ has become compatible with this camera.
The firmware update Ver.1.02 from Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issues:
The phenomenon is fixed that in the MF mode, repeated halfway shutter pressing can shift the focus point under a specific exposure condition.
The phenomenon is fixed that in the AF-S mode, repeated halfway shutter pressing can shift the focus point with SHUTTER AF setting OFF.
The firmware update Ver.1.01 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issues:
The phenomenon is fixed that IMAGE SIZE will be displayed when PHOTOMETRY is selected in ADD ITEMS of MY MENU SETTING.
Firmware Update Steps
- Check the firmware version.
- Prepare a formatted memory card.
- Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here*Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software (“FIRMWARE”). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. (“FUJI”) already distributed to you included with FUJI’s product(s) (“ORIGINAL FIRMWARE”). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.
*Make sure there isn’t any file with the same name in the destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, the browser may automatically alter the name of the firmware like the name and (1). A camera will not recognize the firmware correctly with an altered name like that.