X-Pro3 Firmware update
Last Updated: 02.17.2021
Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the “Control” key and “F5” key.
- In case of Mac (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the “Command” key and “R” key.
- In case of Mac (FireFox), hold down the “Command”, “Shift” and “R” keys at same time.
The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is latest.
- Refer to “2) Firmware version checking procedure” in the “Detail of firmware update steps” below to check the firmware version.
Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
- If you don‘t use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance. Check the latest firmware version from the link below.
Firmware update via the smartphone or a tablet.
- The firmware of a camera paired with a smartphone can be updated via the smartphone and a tablet.
Detail of the firmware update
The firmware update Ver.1.20 from Ver.1.10 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the details of the improvements, download the “X-Pro3 New Features Guide” from our website.
Set the Position of the Bright Frame to its Shifted Location.
In optical viewfinder mode, the Bright Frame shifts to the actual shooting area when the shutter button is pressed halfway. This update adds an option to set the camera to remember the Bright Frame’s shifted location. Turning the setting to ON means the camera will not need to readjust the frame’s position every time focus is acquired.
Ratings to images recorded in the [Jpeg + RAW] mode are applied to both Jpeg and RAW files.
Fix of minor bugs.
The firmware update Ver.1.10 from Ver.1.05 incorporates the following issues:
Camera performance used with the XF50mmF1.0 R WR is optimized.
The phenomenon is fixed that in a multiple-flash shooting where the EF-X500 is used as a commander, flashes in some groups sometimes don’t fire correctly. Also in case the EF-X500 is used as a commander and the EF-60 as a remote flash, upgrade the camera firmware to the latest version.
Fix of minor bugs.
The firmware update Ver.1.05 from Ver.1.04 incorporates the following issue:
Fix of minor bugs.
The firmware update Ver.1.04 from Ver.1.03 incorporates the following
Provides improvements in EVF performance.
The firmware update Ver.1.03 from Ver.1.01 and Ver.1.02 incorporates the following
The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, a freeze could occur.
The phenomenon is fixed that the color tone of recorded images is not recorded correctly in AF-C mode and continuous shooting.
The firmware update Ver.1.01 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following:
The phenomenon is fixed that a line noise can appear on the right end of a recorded image in continuous shooting with ES (Electronic Shutter).
Firmware Update Steps
- Check the firmware version.
- Prepare a formatted memory card.
- Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here*Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software (“FIRMWARE”). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. (“FUJI”) already distributed to you included with FUJI’s product(s) (“ORIGINAL FIRMWARE”). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.
*Make sure there isn’t any file with the same name in the destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, the browser may automatically alter the name of the firmware like the name and (1). A camera will not recognize the firmware correctly with an altered name like that.
- 02.17.2021X-Pro3 Firmware Update Ver.1.20
- 01.27.2021New Firmware Updates for X100V, X-T30, and X-Pro3
- 09.17.2020X-Pro3 Firmware Update Ver.1.10
- 07.09.2020FUJIFILM X Webcam software now also available for macOS
- 05.27.2020Fujifilm launches a new solution for turning X Series and GFX System cameras into webcams