X-H1 Firmware update
Last Updated: 01.31.2019
Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the “Control” key and “F5” key.
- In case of Mac (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the “Command” key and “R” key.
- In case of Mac (FireFox), hold down the “Command”, “Shift” and “R” keys at same time.
The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is latest.
- Refer to “2) Firmware version checking procedure” in the “Detail of firmware update steps” below to check the firmware version.
Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
- If you don‘t use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance. Check the latest firmware version from the link below.
Firmware update via the smartphone or a tablet.
- The firmware of a camera paired with a smartphone can be updated via the smartphone and a tablet.
Settings you have changed can be saved by FUJIFILM X Acquire and so on.
- We would recommend you save the settings if you have changed them from default ones. For detail, visit the FAQ website.
Detail of the firmware update
The firmware update Ver.2.01 from Ver.2.00 incorporates the following issue
The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, recorded images can be overexposed.
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.20 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the details of No.3,4 and 5 download the “X-H1 New Features Guide” from our website.
In-body image stabilization and optical image stabilization now work together to improve overall stability
With an XF or XC optical image stabilized lens, in-body image stabilization worked with 3 axis (up and down / optical axis rotation). The remaining 2 axis (right and left pitch, yaw angle) was controlled by optical image stabilization in the lens. This firmware has a new image stabilization algorithm to allow the in-body image stabilization to work in all 5 axis and to achieve more than five-stops (up to the equivalent of 5.5 stops (*1)) image stabilization by cooperative control according to the types of frequency and blur amount.
To activate this function, lenses are necessary to be updated to latest firmware version. Please check the latest firmware version from the link below.
Camera Body / Lens Firmware Compatibility Table
*1：Based on CIPA standards. When using XF10-24mmF4 R OIS, XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS, and XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS II.
Regarding the image stabilization performance, refer to the list of “Cooperative control by in-body and optical image stabilization with firmware ver.2.00 of X-H1”.
“Cooperative control by in-body and optical image stabilization with firmware ver.2.00 of X-H1”(PDF:8.00KB)
Improved in-body image stabilization performance
Eliminate image shake when panning slowly when movie recording or on the live view image.
Recording over 4GB movie file as one file
Movie files are no longer split when the file reaches 4GB file size. The file is recorded as one file providing an SD memory card greater than 32GB is used (excludes 32GB) (*2).
*2：By using SD memory cards less than or equal to 32GB, movie recording will continue without interruption when the file size reaches 4GB, however subsequent footage will be recorded to a separate file.
Note：Format SD memory cards before first use, and be sure to reformat all memory cards after using them in a computer or other device.
Display color temperature (Kelvin) on EVF/LCD
Color temperature (Kelvin) can be displayed on EVF/LCD.
Display power supply icon
Power supply icon is displayed on EVF/LCD while using AC adapter (AC-9VS), or Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD(*3) and Anker PowerCore Speed 20000 PD(*4).
*3：Anker and PowerCore are trademark or registered trademark of Anker Innovations Limited or associated companies.
*4：Product may not be available on your country.
Fix of slight defects.
The firmware update Ver.1.20 from Ver.1.12 incorporates the following issues:
Compatibility with the functions below of XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR is added.
・Focus Preset Function
・Focus Control button
Compatibility with the functions below of XF1.4X TC F2 WR (bundled with XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR) is added.
Applicable lenses : XF80mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR Macro, XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR, XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR, XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
*Upgrade the firmware of a camera before upgrading the firmware of a lens.
Camera Body / Lens Firmware Compatibility Table
The firmware update Ver.1.12 from Ver.1.11 incorporates the following issue:
Stability improvement for connection with some wireless routers.
The firmware update Ver.1.11 from Ver.1.10 incorporates the following issues:
The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, "WRITE ERROR" warninng appears when continuous shooting and using BACKUP or RAW/JPEG of CARD SLOT SETTING(STILL IMAGE).
The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, abnormal menu screen appears and LCD display goes back to the initial setting screen.
The firmware update Ver.1.10 from Ver.1.02 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the details of No.1,3,6 and 7 download the “X-H1 New Features Guide” from our website.
Addition of “Focus Bracketing”.
The update will enable the photographer to shoot focus distance bracketing up to 999 frames. When the photographer begins shooting, the focal location is shifted with each activation of the shutter by the step of focus shift set from 1 to 10.
Compatible with the newly developed cinema lens FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 lens and FUJINON MKX50-135mmT2.9 lens.
The upgrade will add compatibility for the newly developed FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 lens and FUJINON MKX50-135mmT2.9 lens
1) Aperture information can be displayed on the monitor. The upgrade allows users to select T-stop or F-stop.
2) The upgrade allows users to check the focus distance with the distance indicator shown on the monitor.
3) Automatically corrects the distortion and the color/brightness shading.
4) Camera automatically calculate the White Balance based on the lens position and deliver the color expressions with Film Simulation modes.
Enlarged and customizable indicators or information.
The upgrade allows users to enlarge indicators and information in the viewfinder and/or LCD monitor. This upgrade will also enable users to customize the location of where the information is shown on the display.
Enhanced Phase Detection AF during movie recording.
Enabled phase detection AF at smallest area size when in single point AF, making phase detection AF active all 6 area sizes both in AF-S/AF-C mode.
Expanded Phase Detection AF Area options during still shooting.
Phase detection AF is now available in the smallest size single AF point when shooting in AF-S and AF-C modes. This takes the total phase detection AF areas to 6.
Enhanced Bluetooth®* connectivity via “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” app.
The upgrade allows users to utilize the following functions with the latest “FUJFIILM Camera Remote” app.
1) It synchronizes “date and time” and/or “location information” of smartphone and tablet devices when used with cameras with Bluetooth® capability
2) The upgrade allows users to select multiple smartphones or tablet devices by paring the cameras.(Up to 7 devices)
3) Update the firmware** of compatible cameras that offer Bluetooth® capability via smartphone or tablet devices.
4) It supports Bluetooth® wireless remote control camera shutter release** for cameras that offer Bluetooth® capability.
* The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by FUJIFILM Corporation is under license.
** An upgrade to the latest “FUJIFILM Camera Remote (Ver.3.2.0)” is required to operate firmware update and camera shutter release.
Addition of Fn button support for “IS Mode”.
The upgrade allows users to set the Fn button as “IS Mode” for quicker setting changes.
New functions are added to store and read of camera settings by FUJIFILM X Acquire.
Once connecting a camera to a computer via USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X Acquire” allows users to backup/restore camera settings to/from a file. With “FUJIFILM X Acquire” (ver.1.7 or newer), CUSTOM REGISTRATION/EDIT settings are also stored and read.
The firmware update Ver.1.02 from Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issue:
The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, image files can be overwritten when a folder is selected by the SELECT FOLDER function in the SETUP menu and you take pictures.
The firmware update Ver.1.01 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issues:
In the EF (E-FRONT CURTAIN SHUTTER) setting, the warning of “TURN OFF THE CAMERA AND TURN ON AGAIN” could appear in rare cases when the FLICKER REDUCTION setting is ON.
Switching the CUSTOM setting can make the ISO AUTO setting return back to default when the ISO AUTO setting is changed.
Firmware Update Steps
- Check the firmware version.
- Prepare a formatted memory card.
- Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here*Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software (“FIRMWARE”). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. (“FUJI”) already distributed to you included with FUJI’s product(s) (“ORIGINAL FIRMWARE”). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.
*Make sure there isn’t any file with the same name in the destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, the browser may automatically alter the name of the firmware like the name and (1). A camera will not recognize the firmware correctly with an altered name like that.