X-A3 Firmware update
Last Updated: 04.27.2023
Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the “Control” key and “F5” key.
- In case of Mac (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the “Command” key and “R” key.
- In case of Mac (FireFox), hold down the “Command”, “Shift” and “R” keys at same time.
The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is latest.
- Refer to “2) Firmware version checking procedure” in the “Detail of firmware update steps” below to check the firmware version.
Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
- If you don’t use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance. Check the latest firmware version from the link below.
Detail of the firmware update
The firmware update Ver.2.22 from Ver.2.21 incorporates the following issue:
The firmware bug has been fixed, which caused that the focus cannot be adjusted by operating the Manual Focus Ring when using the following lenses.
・XF18-120mmF4 LM PZ WR (Firmware: Ver.1.00)
・XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR (Firmware: Ver.1.20)
・XF16-80mmF4 R LM OIS WR (Firmware: Ver.1.10)
・XF50-140mmF2.8 R OIS WR (Firmware: Ver.1.40)
・XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR (Firmware: Ver.1.30)
The firmware update Ver.2.21 from Ver.2.20 incorporates the following issues:
Initial setting of ISO is changed to “AUTO” from “200” when switching to P, S, A, M, and Adv mode.
The firmware update Ver.2.20 from Ver.2.10 incorporates the following issues:
The phenomenon is fixed that in rare cases, INTERVAL TIMER SHOOTING stops.
The firmware update Ver.2.10 from Ver.2.00 incorporates the following issue:
Compatible with the newly developed FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens
The upgrade will add compatibility for the newly developed FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens.
1) Zoom function with rear command dial when the LCD is 180 degree rotated
[How to set]
SHOOTING>ELECTRONIC ZOOM SETTING>USE REAR COMMAND DIAL
2) When changing the focus mode (AF/MF), the focus ring function (fine zoom adjustment, manual focus) automatically switches.
* Focus ring function when focus mode is “S” or “C”：Fine Zoom adjustment.
* Focus ring function when focus mode is “M”：Manual focus.
3) Memorize the lens zoom position when power off and return to the position when power on
4) Maintain the lens zoom position in playback mode to shorten the startup time for the next shooting
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.00 -Ver.1.10 incorporates the following issues:
Compatible with instax SHARE SP-3
The upgrade adds compatibility with instax SHARE SP-3, as well as SP-1 and SP-2.
Firmware Update Steps
- Check the firmware version.
- Prepare a formatted memory card.
- Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here*Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- Firmware updating requires approximately 5 minutes.(maximum)
- Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software (“FIRMWARE”). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. (“FUJI”) already distributed to you included with FUJI’s product(s) (“ORIGINAL FIRMWARE”). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.
*Make sure there isn’t any file with the same name in the destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, the browser may automatically alter the name of the firmware like the name and (1). A camera will not recognize the firmware correctly with an altered name like that.