To achieve the special Graphite Silver texture and refined shimmer, the die-cast magnesium top cover goes through the following six processes.
- Remove the milled magnesium top cover from the mold
- A chemical conversion coating is applied to prevent oxidation via contact with air.
- Using a black base coat primer, the shadow areas are darkened, allowing the highlights to stand out.
- Using multiple thin-layer technology, the graphite silver texture is added. Tiny amounts of graphite are applied via computer control while rotating the body at high speeds.
- A minor amount of black is added to the clear finish coating material, creating the unique glossy feel.
- Areas such as the logo are colored by hand.