X-T4 Firmware update
Last Updated: 07.08.2021
Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the “Control” key and “F5” key.
- In case of Mac (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the “Command” key and “R” key.
- In case of Mac (FireFox), hold down the “Command”, “Shift” and “R” keys at same time.
The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is latest.
- Refer to “2) Firmware version checking procedure” in the “Detail of firmware update steps” below to check the firmware version.
Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
- If you don’t use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance. Check the latest firmware version from the link below.
Detail of the firmware update
The firmware update Ver.1.22 from Ver.1.21 incorporates the following issue:
The phenomenon is fixed that in some cases, a camera doesn’t turn on when the PAIRING REGISTRATION is available in SET UP MENU>CONNECTION SETTING>Bluetooth SETTINGS.
The firmware update Ver.1.21 from Ver.1.20 incorporates the following issues:
The phenomenon is fixed that the position of the spot metering is fixed on the center without reflecting the position of the focus area in case the focus mode is MF and the metering mode the spot.
The phenomenon is fixed that an image cannot be played back with a specified file name created by the EDIT FILE NAME function.
Fix of minor bugs.
The firmware update Ver.1.20 from Ver.1.10/1.11 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the detail of the improvements, download the “X-T4 New Features Guide” from our website.
“AUTO POWER OFF TEMP.” option is added in the “POWER MANAGEMENT” menu.
* When the firmware is upgraded from ver.1.10 or Ver.1.11, “HIGH” mode in the POWER MANAGEMENT” menu is selected. We would recommend use of a tripod because the temperature of a part of a camera body can become hot although the shooting time becomes longer.
If you take a movie continuously on hand, we would recommend you set the “AUTO POWER OFF TEMP.” to “STANDARD” although the shooting time becomes shorter.
*Resetting the SETUP menu makes the “AUTO POWER OFF TEMP.” option changed to the “STANDARD” mode. If you want to take a movie longer, change the setting to the HIGH” mode.
Display of “IP ADDRESS” in Setup Menus > CONNECTION SETTING > INFORMATION is added.
Improvement of shutter speed setting for TTL slow sync flash shooting
In P and A mode, this firmware makes the slowest shutter speed slower than 1/8 sec. for the shooting used in a scene where relatively long exposure is required (ex. a flash shooting with night view background). In case the shutter speed setting is AUTO, the shutter speed becomes max. 4 sec in P mode and max. 30 sec. in A mode.
Fix of minor bugs.
The firmware update Ver.1.10 from Ver.1.03 incorporates the following issues:
Camera performance used with the XF50mmF1.0 R WR is optimized.
The phenomenon is fixed that in a multiple-flash shooting where the EF-X500 is used as a commander, flashes in some groups sometimes don’t fire correctly. Also in case the EF-X500 is used as a commander and the EF-60 as a remote flash, upgrade the camera firmware to the latest version.
Fix of minor bugs.
The firmware update Ver.1.03 from Ver.1.02 incorporates the following issue:
Fix of a minor bug during a movie shooting.
The firmware update Ver.1.02 from Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issues:
Improvement of BIS function during a movie shooting.
The phenomenon is fixed that images, which were erased from an SD card with SIMULTANEOUS DELETE ON, are played back.
The phenomenon is fixed that overexposure can happen in a certain shooting condition.
The phenomenon is fixed that a camera doesn’t wake up by pressing the shutter button after auto power off worked.
Fix of minor bugs
The firmware update Ver.1.01 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issues:
The phenomenon is fixed that the battery in the camera body cannot be charged by the bundled AC adapter when the USB POWER SUPPLY SETTING is changed to OFF from ON (default setting).
The phenomenon is fixed that repeated turning on and off a camera delays the set time.
Firmware Update Steps
- Check the firmware version.
- Prepare a formatted memory card.
- Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here*Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software (“FIRMWARE”). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. (“FUJI”) already distributed to you included with FUJI’s product(s) (“ORIGINAL FIRMWARE”). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.
*Make sure there isn’t any file with the same name in the destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, the browser may automatically alter the name of the firmware like the name and (1). A camera will not recognize the firmware correctly with an altered name like that.
- 07.08.2021X-T4 Firmware Update Ver.1.22
- 07.01.2021Regarding the upgraded firmware for X-T4, X-Pro3 and X-E4
- 06.29.2021X-T4 Firmware Update Ver.1.21
- 06.24.2021FUJIFILM X Series and GFX System Digital Camera Control SDK Ver.1.21 now available
- 04.22.2021FUJIFILM Releases New Digital Camera Control Software Development Kit