X-S10 Firmware update
Last Updated: 10.13.2021
Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the “Control” key and “F5” key.
- In case of Mac (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the “Command” key and “R” key.
- In case of Mac (FireFox), hold down the “Command”, “Shift” and “R” keys at same time.
The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is latest.
- Refer to “2) Firmware version checking procedure” in the “Detail of firmware update steps” below to check the firmware version.
Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
- If you don’t use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance. Check the latest firmware version from the link below.
Detail of the firmware update
The firmware update Ver.2.10 from Ver.2.00 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the detail, download the “X-S10 New Features Guide[2.10]” from our website.
“instax mini Link” and “instax Link WIDE” will be added as applicable printers for X-S10
• The camera now supports smartphone printers, “instax mini Link” and “instax Link WIDE” series.
• Due to the above modification, items of the “instax PRINTER PRINT” will be changed in the playback] menu.
• In addition, the menu title, “instax PRINTER CONNECTION SETTING” will be renamed as “instax PRINTER SETTINGS” as well as its content has been changed, which appears through [SETUP MENU] ➔ [CONNECTION SETTING].
The electronic level display will work in wider range of the tilt angle, so that you can use the electronic level on the LCD even if you tilt the camera more than that with the current firmware.
Minor bugs have been fixed.
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.04 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the detail, download the “X-S10 New Features Guide[2.00]” from our website.
Support for tethered shooting
The new firmware adds tethered shooting capability, which can be used by connecting the X-S10 to a computer installed with either “Capture One”*1, “Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®” or “FUJIFILM X Acquire.” The tethered shooting function can be used both via the USB cable connection and also wirelessly over a Wi-Fi network.
*1 Today, Capture One is not compatible with the X-S10 tether shooting function. The Capture One is to be upgraded. For detail, visit the website below.
Firmware enables remote control functionality from gimbal via USB communications
With this firmware update, combining the X-S10 with a compatible gimbal that supports remote control functionality will allow users to start / stop video recording, specify exposure settings for video (shutter speed, aperture value, ISO sensitivity and exposure compensation), and make manual focus adjustments. Guilin Zhishen Information Technology Co., Ltd (ZHIYUN) has announced the intention of offering compatible products for the new X-S10 firmware update.
The new firmware adds a Lock option to the settings for buttons and dials in the Setup menu. By enabling the function, the unintended changes of dial / button settings will be prevented.
Improvement of shutter speed setting for TTL slow sync flash shooting
In P and A mode, this firmware makes the slowest shutter speed slower than 1/8 sec. for the shooting used in a scene where relatively long exposure is required (ex. a flash shooting with night view background). In case the shutter speed setting is AUTO, the shutter speed becomes max. 4 sec in P mode and max. 30 sec. in A mode.
Display of “IP ADDRESS” in Setup Menus > CONNECTION SETTING > INFORMATION is added.
In case of using the FUJIFILM X Webcam the option in the menu changes from “X WEBCAM” to “USB TETHER SHOOTING AUTO”. Also, the setting screen displayed on a PC can be used.
The phenomenon is fixed that the position of the spot metering is fixed on the center without reflecting the postion of the focus area in case the focus mode is MF and the metering mode the spot.
The phenomenon is fixed that an image cannot be played back with a specified file name created by the EDIT FILE NAME function.
Fix of minor bugs.
The firmware update Ver.1.04 from Ver.1.02/1.03 incorporates the following issues:
For the case that “AUTO” is selected by the Mode Dial and a face is detected in a dark environment, a setting is changed to avoid a blur image caused by hand shaking and/or moving subjects.
A camera doesn’t recognize an Apple Silicon Mac via a USB cable.
Fix of minor bugs.
The firmware update Ver.1.02 from Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issues:
In case that AUTO is selected by the Mode Dial or AUTO is selected in MIN. SHUTTER SPEED of ISO setting, the shutter speed setting is changed to avoid a blur image caused by hand shaking and/or moving subjects.
ELECTRONIC LEVEL can be used when AUTO is selected by the Mode Dial.
Fix of a minor bug.
The firmware update Ver.1.01 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issue:
The phenomenon is fixed that while the microphone/remote release connector is used, a camera doesn’t work well in a specific condition. If you use a microphone or a remote release, make sure to upgrade the firmware.
Firmware Update Steps
- Check the firmware version.
- Prepare a formatted memory card.
- Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here*Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- Firmware updating requires approximately 5 minutes.(maximum)
- Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software (“FIRMWARE”). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. (“FUJI”) already distributed to you included with FUJI’s product(s) (“ORIGINAL FIRMWARE”). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.
*Make sure there isn’t any file with the same name in the destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, the browser may automatically alter the name of the firmware like the name and (1). A camera will not recognize the firmware correctly with an altered name like that.
- 10.13.2021X-S10 Firmware Update Ver.2.10
- 09.22.2021FUJIFILM X Series and GFX System Digital Camera Control SDK Ver.1.22 now available
- 06.30.2021X-S10 Firmware Update Ver.2.00
- 06.24.2021FUJIFILM X Series and GFX System Digital Camera Control SDK Ver.1.21 now available
- 06.23.2021Latest firmware update for the FUJIFILM X-S10 Ver.2.00 announced