X-H2S Firmware update
Last Updated: 08.24.2022
Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the “Control” key and “F5” key.
- In case of Mac (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the “Command” key and “R” key.
- In case of Mac (FireFox), hold down the “Command”, “Shift” and “R” keys at same time.
The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is latest.
- Refer to “2) Firmware version checking procedure” in the “Detail of firmware update steps” below to check the firmware version.
Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
- If you don‘t use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance. Check the latest firmware version from the link below.
Firmware update via the smartphone or a tablet.
- The firmware of a camera paired with a smartphone can be updated via the smartphone and a tablet.
Settings you have changed can be saved by FUJIFILM X Acquire and so on.
- We would recommend you save the settings if you have changed them from default ones. For detail, visit the FAQ website.
Detail of the firmware update
Revised specification from Ver.1.02 to Ver.1.03
Camera function freezes when “HIGH SPEED BURST” mode is used.
Some RAW files shot in “BURST” mode with "LOSSLESS COMPRESSED" or "COMPRESSED" as RAW image recording method does not show up with some application software such as "Capture One".
*The firmware bug to cause this issue will be fixed with Ver. 1.03, so that the image data taken after Ver. 1.03 upgrade will show up with any application.
Wireless LAN connection cannot be established when the access point setting for wireless LAN connection is registered by “SSID Manual Setup”.
Revised specification from Ver.1.01 to Ver.1.02
The firmware bug has been fixed, which caused that the amount of change in focus zoom was smaller than the spec when the FOCUS AREA was moved up and down in the vertical direction with the LCD in magnified view through the following operation.
・[Movie Mode] ➔ [MANUAL FOCUS]
Depending on the macOS version or Mac computer itself, “Web Camera” function will not work using the USB connection between Mac and X-H2S.
USB ID used for the connection with external devices, such as Drone, Gimbal, etc. has been corrected.
Other minor bugs have been fixed.
Revised specification from Ver.1.00 to Ver.1.01
The firmware bug has been fixed, which caused the firmware hung-up when the following three conditions coincide.
•“ON” or “ON HDMI ONLY” is selected at the “HIGH SPEED REC” menu.
•”360Mbps” or “720Mbps” is selected in the “MEDIA REC SETTING” menu.
•”Blackmagic” or “ATMOS” is selected in the “RAW OUTPUT SETTING” menu.
The firmware bug has been fixed, which caused that the shutter remains closed after taking a picture when using the “E-FRONT CURTAIN SHUTTER” with the slow shutter speed more than 2 minutes.
Firmware Update Steps
- Check the firmware version.
- Prepare a formatted memory card.
- Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here*Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- Firmware updating requires approximately 5 minutes.(maximum)
- Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software (“FIRMWARE”). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. (“FUJI”) already distributed to you included with FUJI’s product(s) (“ORIGINAL FIRMWARE”). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.
*Make sure there isn’t any file with the same name in the destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, the browser may automatically alter the name of the firmware like the name and (1). A camera will not recognize the firmware correctly with an altered name like that.