GFX100S Firmware update
Last Updated: 07.10.2021
Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the “Control” key and “F5” key.
- In case of Mac (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the “Command” key and “R” key.
- In case of Mac (FireFox), hold down the “Command”, “Shift” and “R” keys at same time.
The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is latest.
- Refer to “2) Firmware version checking procedure” in the “Detail of firmware update steps” below to check the firmware version.
Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
- If you don’t use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance. Check the latest firmware version from the link below.
Detail of the firmware update
The firmware update Ver.1.20 from Ver.1.10 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the details, download the “GFX100S New Features Guide[Ver.1.20]” from our website.
GFX100S will be able to output the RAW video data to Blackmagic Design’s Video Assist 7” 12G HDR and Video Assist 5” 12G HDR as “Blackmagic RAW” through HDMI up to 4K/29.97P 12bit (see Note-2 below)
•New firmware with this feature is supposed to be released by Blackmagic Design.
•RAW video data gives maximum flexibility for exposure adjustment and color grading in post-production for professional videographers.
Besides, simultaneous output of RAW with Film Simulation / F-Log / Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) to SD card in the camera is also available.
Note-1:GFX100/100S records “Blackmagic RAW” only with Blackmagic Design’s Video Assist 7”12G HDR and Video Assist 5” 12G HDR (as of Oct. 7, 2021).
Note-2:This video RAW data is compatible with 4K (3840×2160) 29.97P/25P/24P/23.98P(Not compatible with FHD).
The electronic level display will work in wider range of the tilt angle, so that you can use the electronic level on the LCD even if you tilt the camera more than that with the current firmware.
Minor bugs have been fixed.
The firmware update Ver.1.10 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the details, download the “GFX100S New Features Guide[Ver.1.10]” from our website.
Addition of White Balance and ISO metadata to RAW footage
Added White Balance / ISO metadata to RAW footage, output to Atomos Ninja V HDR Monitor Recorder via HDMI. The footage is recorded as Apple ProRes RAW files and White Balance / ISO can be adjusted in Final Cut Pro.
Improvement of Custom mode function
Changes to the functioning of custom modes have altered how custom settings banks are created and edited using IMAGE QUALITY SETTING >DIT/SAVE CUSTOM SETTING and MOVIE SETTING > EDIT/SAVE CUSTOM SETTING in the shooting menu. You can register/edit after selecting the custom number from C1 Through C6.
The phenomenon is fixed that an image cannot be played back with a specified file name created by the EDIT FILE NAME function.
Fix of minor bugs.
Firmware Update Steps
- Check the firmware version.
- Prepare a formatted memory card.
- Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here*Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- Firmware updating requires approximately 5 minutes.(maximum)
- Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software (“FIRMWARE”). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. (“FUJI”) already distributed to you included with FUJI’s product(s) (“ORIGINAL FIRMWARE”). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.
*Make sure there isn’t any file with the same name in the destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, the browser may automatically alter the name of the firmware like the name and (1). A camera will not recognize the firmware correctly with an altered name like that.
- 10.11.2021GFX Challenge Grant Program 2021 now accepting entries!
- 07.10.2021GFX100S Firmware Update Ver.1.20
- 22.09.2021FUJIFILM X Series and GFX System Digital Camera Control SDK Ver.1.22 now available
- 30.06.2021GFX100S Firmware Update Ver.1.10
- 24.06.2021FUJIFILM X Series and GFX System Digital Camera Control SDK Ver.1.21 now available