BEAUTY PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY WITH X-PHOTOGRAPHER WAYNE JOHNS
Shoot in a professional studio set-up in London, with a professional model and makeup artist/hairstylist, using the GFX 50S medium format camera! This workshop is designed to help you understand and follow a creative brief/concept, improve your beauty/portrait lighting skills, and learn camera settings and shooting techniques, including tethered shooting to Capture One Pro, to achieve that commercial-looking image.
-Receive expert training & advice from professional X-Photographer Wayne Johns
-Get hands-on with the Fujifilm GFX 50S for a day along with a wide selection of lenses
-Limited to only 6 spaces
DATE: 17th December 2019
LOCATION: Fujifilm’s House of Photography – Long Acre, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 9LH
PRICE: £149.50. INTRODUCTORY OFFER OF 50% OFF (was £299)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to compile, create and understand a creative brief.
- Using mood boards as references for direction.
- Working with a creative team – makeup artist, hairstylist, stylist.
- Understanding different lighting set-ups.
- The differences between light shapers and their effects and uses.
- Using backgrounds and sets for effect.
- Using fashion and beauty lighting techniques for creative portraits.
- Model direction and posing.
- Camera settings, exposure, composition and lens choice.
- How to work and communicate with your creative team.
- How to compose for shooting a magazine cover.
- Tethered shooting using Capture One and its benefits for a comprehensive workflow.
- We will meet at 10am for coffee, introductions, tuition and briefing (around one to one-and-a-half hours’ tuition) before getting hands on with the cameras in the studio.
- We will dive straight into our first set-up, where we will follow a brief to shoot a basic beauty campaign for a magazine cover.
- Small group sizes mean you will have a good amount of hands-on shooting experience, and personal one-to-one guidance and direction from Wayne Johns.
- After a short a lunch break, we’ll jump straight back into the studio for the second session of creative-themed portraits on a creative set.
- We will finish the day at around 4pm with a debrief, a review of your best image and a Q&A.
- Expert tuition and live model demonstration from professional photographer – Wayne Johns
- Use of the FUJIFILM GFX 50S camera and lenses
- 16GB SD memory card
- Refreshments during the morning briefing (tea,coffee and biscuits)