Fujifilm Xperience Day – Wildlife Photography – Leicestershire
As autumn sets in and the leaves begin to turn, across the UK Britain’s largest native mammals get feisty. It’s time for the annual rutting of red deer. To capture this wildlife spectacle we head to the beautiful scenery of Bradgate Park in Leicestershire, which has been home to red and fallow deer for over 800 years, with FUJIFILM X-Photographer Chris Weston and the new FUJIFILM X-T3.
- Receive expert training & advice from professional X-Photographer Chris Weston
- Get hands-on with the Fujifilm X-T3 for a day along with a wide selection of XF lenses
- Limited to only 10 spaces per day
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Centrally located, Bradgate Park provides one of the very best places to create stunning photographs of the deer in their autumn glory. The stags are at their magnificent best and the females and their young are plentiful, with the most dominant stags fighting for their attention. We will take you to the most active areas of the park and favourable feeding grounds to maximise photographic opportunities, while maintaining a safe distance to avoid disturbing the wildlife during this sensitive period.
An early start makes the most of the atmospheric autumn light. Throughout the day, you’ll observe a wide variety of special moments, typically including rutting dominant males, hinds with calves, mating, interaction within harems and roaring males.
During the shoot, your photographic guide, professional wildlife photographer and FUJIFILM X-Photographer, Chris Weston, will explain simple-to-use techniques for capturing amazing wildlife images. And, because wildlife photography is a specialist area, we also make time, on a one-to-one basis, to help with camera and menu set-up.
A Fujifilm representative will also be joining us with a selection of XF lenses for you to try out and will provide expert technical advice.
- Focus tracking on moving subjects
- Ideal camera and menu settings for wildlife photography
- How to get perfect exposures for every shot
- Composition and how to tell a visual story
- Anticipating the shot and capturing the moment
- Getting the best out of telephoto lenses
- Creative compositions
- Camera handling skills
- How to capture perfect actions shots
- How to capture compelling portraits
- Creative exposure techniques
Location: Newton Linford Car Park, Leicestershire, LE6 0HB
- Expert tuition and live model demonstration from professional photographer – Chris Weston
- Use of the FUJIFILM X-T3 camera and lenses
- 16GB SD memory card