Fujifilm Xperience Day – Street Photography – London
Working together on the streets of London’s Soho, Chinatown and the West End, this workshop is designed to help you become a creative, competent and confident street photographer. It will combine structured shooting with coaching from your course leader, Brian Lloyd Duckett. This is not a ‘photo walk’ – it’s an immersive, intensive learning experience, designed to elevate your street photography to a new level.
- Receive expert training & advice from professional Photographer Brian Lloyd Duckett
- Use of the FUJIFILM X-T30 camera, XF18-55mm and various prime lenses
- Limited to only 10 spaces
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Develop a street photographer’s ‘eye’ and learn how to spot a photo opportunity in an everyday street scene.
- Appreciate the aesthetics of and various approaches to street photography.
- Understand the importance of developing your own style as a street photographer and how to conceive and undertake ‘projects’.
- Understand the components of a great street image.
- Practice different types of street photography and discover your preferred style of shooting.
- Conquer your fear of photographing strangers.
- Become invisible and shoot your environment quietly and unobtrusively.
- Learn the technical aspects of street photography: equipment, composition, exposure, light and focus.
- Learn how a professional street photographer sets up his camera for fast and accurate shooting.
- Learn how manual focusing can speed up your work and make you more effective as a street photographer.
- Learn how to photograph safely in difficult situations or areas and how to interact effectively with the public, the police and other officials.
- Understand some of the key legal and ethical aspects of street photography.
- Learn how to react positively if people are questioning, challenging or offended.
- We meet at 11am for coffee, introductions, tuition and a thorough briefing (around 1 to 1.5 hours’ tuition) before setting off onto the streets.
- Our itinerary will take us to some great street photography ‘hot spots’, where we will put into practice some of the principles learned in the morning session. Expect to walk around 6-8km on this workshop.
- Our small group sizes allow participants to receive a significant amount of one-to-one tuition and coaching from the course leader, Brian Lloyd Duckett, a professional street photographer and photojournalist.
- After a short a lunch break we’ll hit the streets again for the second structured photographic session.
- We will finish the formal part of the day and for those who want to come along, we’ll find a quiet corner of a pub for an optional drink, a thorough debrief and a Q&A session.
Location: Outside entrance to Café in the Crypt, St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 4JH.
We’ll meet here and move inside the coffee shop for briefing.
- Expert tuition and live model demonstration from professional photographer – Brian Lloyd Duckett
- Use of the FUJIFILM X-T30 camera, XF18-55mm and variouse prime lenses
- 16GB SD memory card
- Refreshments during the morning briefing (tea, coffee & biscuits)