GFX 50R Firmware update
Last Updated: 30.06.2020
Please read this update after refreshing this page.
- In case of Windows (Internet Explorer / FireFox / Google Chrome), hold down the “Control” key and “F5” key.
- In case of Mac (Safari / Google Chrome), hold down the “Command” key and “R” key.
- In case of Mac (FireFox), hold down the “Command”, “Shift” and “R” keys at same time.
The firmware upgrade is not required if its version is latest.
- Refer to “2) Firmware version checking procedure” in the “Detail of firmware update steps” below to check the firmware version.
Please use your camera and lens with the latest version of firmware.
- If you don‘t use them with the latest version, you may not enjoy their full performance. Check the latest firmware version from the link below.
Firmware update via the smartphone or a tablet.
- The firmware of a camera paired with a smartphone can be updated via the smartphone and a tablet.
Detail of the firmware update
The firmware update Ver.2.00 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issues:
Regarding the detail, download the “GFX50R New Feature Guide Ver2.00” from our website.
Expanding the use of outstanding image technology based on unique color reproduction
1)Addition of the new Film Simulation modes below.
・“CLASSIC Neg” mode, simulating color negative film traditionally chosen for snapshots.
・“ETERNA / CINEMA” mode, which replicates the colors and tonality of Fujifilm’s motion picture film.
2)“Smooth Skin Effect,” featured on the GFX 100, will become available, smoothing the appearance of human skin, ideal for portraiture.
Improving autofocus performance
1)Addition of the Low Light Priority AF-S mode, extending exposure time during autofocus to improve AF accuracy in low light.
2)Improvement of the Face / Eye AF performance.
The face / eye detection accuracy and stability are improved when shooting multiple people, so as to make portrait photography easier than ever before.
3)Auto mode will be added to focus bracketing.
Specify the starting and ending points and shooting interval, and the camera can automatically determine the number of frames and steps required.
Expanding various other functions requested by customers
1)The firmware will allow users to adjust exposure settings (shutter speed, aperture value, ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation) for still images from a computer when using software that supports some tether-shooting functions.
2)More photo-editing applications will support the import of rating information, assigned in camera.
3)The maximum number of photos that can be saved in each folder on an SD card will increase 10 fold from 999 to 9,999.
4)When setting the color temperature in the White Balance setting, the value of the color temperature is also displayed.
Fix of minor bugs
Firmware Update Steps
- Check the firmware version.
- Prepare a formatted memory card.
- Download the firmware and copy it to the card.
- Put the memory card with the firmware in the camera and update it.
If firmware updating fails, the camera may no longer operate correctly in some cases. Carefully read the notes provided here*Always use the fully-charged battery when updating the firmware as a basic manner. Never turn the camera off or attempt to use any of the camera controls while the firmware is being overwritten.
- You can update the firmware from old version directly to the latest one.
- Firmware updating requires approximately 90 seconds.
- Once the firmware has been updated, some data of the previous version cannot be restored.
- Please check here if you encounter any problems.
Please read this Agreement carefully before downloading this upgraded version software (“FIRMWARE”). By downloading FIRMWARE, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to download FIRMWARE.
Article 1. License
FIRMWARE is the upgraded version of software that FUJIFILM Corporation. (“FUJI”) already distributed to you included with FUJI’s product(s) (“ORIGINAL FIRMWARE”). All copyrights and other proprietary rights to FIRMWARE are retained by FUJI, and nothing contained herein shall be construed, expressly or implicitly, as transferring or granting to you any right, license, or title unless otherwise explicitly granted under this Agreement.
Article 2. NO Warranty
FUJI EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY FOR SOFTWARE. SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, PATENT, TRADE SECRET, OR ANY OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL FUJI BE LIABLE FOR ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE SOFTWARE.
Article 3. Restrictions
You shall not, or shall not have any third party, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble FIRMWARE.
*Make sure there isn’t any file with the same name in the destination of the firmware to save. If there is a file with the same name, the browser may automatically alter the name of the firmware like the name and (1). A camera will not recognize the firmware correctly with an altered name like that.
- 09.07.2020FUJIFILM X Webcam software now also available for macOS
- 30.06.2020The biggest firmware upgrade in the history of the GFX System
- 30.06.2020GFX 50R Firmware Update Ver.2.00
- 27.05.2020Fujifilm launches a new solution for turning X Series and GFX System cameras into webcams
- 12.03.2020Save 25% on Capture One Fujifilm